Our Events and Activities
Whether you enjoy low-key pursuits or something much more adventurous, we have something for everyone! Our activities include kayaking, indoor and rock climbing, picnics, theatre nights, child and dog friendly outings, rafting, camping, hiking...to name a few.
In addition to the many individual events throughout the year, there are also activities being offered in a series, or in some cases, depending on interest, clubs are being formed. For example, we are proud to now have our very own WON Climbing Club.
Being a volunteer organization, our members play a vital role in suggesting and posting activities, so if you have a particular passion, or are simply interested in learning something new, why not step up and get more involved? We are always here to help and support those members interested in hosting an event, but are perhaps uncertain or nervous about doing so for the first time. It really is simple and fun.
If you are interested in coordinating a trip or event, be it a night at the planetarium, a camping trip, biking, hiking, or anything else that you find fun and want to do with other like minded women, please use this form. You may want to read through our check list as a helpful guide to preparing your event.
A sample of the many activities being offered:
- Anna Ruby Falls & Smith Creek Trail Hike
- Hiking at Sweetwater Creek, Kennesaw and Blood Mountain
- Biking on the Silver Comet and Stone Mountain Trails
- Camping, biking and rafting in the Nantahala
- Canoeing Okeefenokee Swamp and Suwanee River
- Tubing on the Chattahoochee
- Kayaking the Amicalola River, Broad River
- Paddleboarding at Tybee Island, Savannah
- Lost Sea Cave Trip
- Indoor climbing at Stone Summit
- Rock climbing at Currahee Mountain, GA
- Quarterly parties hosted at local venues
- Annual summer picnic
- Movie and Pizza Night
- Picnic at Lake Winfield Scott
- Bowling nights
- Pool at Twains
- Wine Tasting Trip
- Game nights
- Golf clinics
- Horseback Riding
- Martial Arts
- Roller Blading on the Silver Comet Trail
All WON activities and events are NO SMOKING. Please respect your fellow members by refraining from smoking in or around functions being held.